Businessman charged for Tucville fatal shooting

first_img… to make court appearance on MondayPolice have instituted charges against Robert Benn of Lot 10 Perry Street, Tucville, Georgetown, who indiscriminately discharged his firearm, killing Colin Perriera and wounding Gailann Chacon in the process. The shooting incident took place on Tuesday evening as the woman drove the car onto the man’s bridge with the intention of turning. The businessman was in his yard at the time and allegedly thought that the occupants of the car had gone to commit a robbery and opened fire.Perriera was shot three times to the chest and abdomen while the woman was shot twice. She remains a patient at the Georgetown Public Hospital in a stable but serious condition.However, after soliciting the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Police were given the green light to charge Benn for murder committed on the miner and the attempted murder of Chacon. At a press briefing on Friday, acting Police Commissioner, David Ramnarine described the incident as “murderous murder” as he iterated the manner in which the incident took place was unbelievable.“It disturbed me greatly… when I was reporting it, I said it was a murderous murder. I can’t understand how he made these levels of appreciation, so shallow… It is very disappointing indeed that a licensed firearm holder could discharge his firearm in those circumstances”, the acting top cop related.At that time, he told the media conference that the Police would have resorted to its legal options since the detention period of the suspect had expired. Nevertheless, now that charges are being instituted, there is no need to approach the high court to make an application for an extension. Twenty-four-year-old Colin Perriera of Lot 213 Barr Street, Kitty, Georgetown, was gunned down at about 21:00h in Perry Street, Tucville.It was reported that the shooter believed the heavily tinted motorcar was bandits and opened fire. After the shooting incident, Perriera managed to exit the car and ran to safety but the businessman kept discharging rounds at him.Perriera eventually collapsed in front of a house a short distance away. A teenager, who was standing where the man collapsed, explained that after the man dropped to the roadway, he called out for help and told them that someone else was also shot.“He said that he was shot so we called 911 but like after 20 minutes, a Police vehicle pull up and they take he to the hospital… he was still alive when the vehicle left but they pronounce he dead at the hospital”.According to the teen, while waiting for the Police, several persons went to the car where they saw the young lady lying in a pool of blood. She too was picked up and rushed to the hospital. The now dead man leaves to mourn his 2-year-old daughter, mother and siblings. (Bhisham Mohamed)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *