A stunning “waterfall home”, listed for sale through LJ Hooker Cairns South, is one of many nice Babinda properties.SIX years after the closure of Babinda Mill led to lost jobs and hurt community spirit, hopes are now high for the scenic Far North town.Just a 50-minute drive south of Cairns, Babinda has a median house selling price of just $228,000 – compared to the Cairns average of about $407,000.But Roger Barnett, 72, who moved to the community about 14 months ago to head up the new Babinda Springs water bottling plant, believes the completion of the Bruce Highway upgrades will herald the start of a new era for Babinda.“I watched it happen on the Gold Coast, there was a time when people would not consider living there and driving to Brisbane for work every day,” he said. “But now so many people do it, and the same is going to happen in Cairns, it will eventually be just a 30-minute drive to the city from Babinda.”Next to a major highway, the picturesque mountainside town also features generous block sizes and tourism drawcards like the famous Babinda Boulders. More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms3 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns3 days agoMr Barnett, who has lived across Australia during his business career, said he had “fallen in love” with Babinda, adding it was a perfect spot for budding first homeowners and investors.“Within three of four years, regardless of whether there is a property market dip in the capital cities, this place will start to be recognised,” he said. “So many things are coming to pass that will influence the desirability of living at Babinda, which I think is great.”In January this year a two-bedroom Queenslander at 7 Clyde Rd, Babinda, sold for just $100,000.The house was set on a 1012sq m block and, although dubbed a “renovator’s dream”, is an example of the value for money currently on offer.A three-bedroom house on Stanwell St, set on 2652sq m, is currently listed for just $250,000. Real estate agent Cheyenne Morrison, of LJ Hooker Cairns South, described Babinda property prices as “crazy cheap”.“Babinda has all the things the Daintree has, but instead of having to drive for hours and cross the river on a ferry, it is only 45 minutes from Cairns,” he said.
They were arrested in Barangay Alijis here on Friday afternoon last week. “We will file it this week once the supporting documents are completed,” Gocotano said. An Asian palm civet, two Negros forest dragons, sailfin lizard and anglehead lizard were already dead upon retrieval. They were properly buried at the City Environment and Natural Resources Office-Bago grounds. Chief Master Sergeant Ramiro Gocotano, officer-in-charge of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Bacolod, said they are collating more documents from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources local office for the filing of charges against the suspects. Ramil Cabale, 45; Dexter Belleza, 36; and Ruzzel Taghoy, 36, all residents of Barangay Minoyan in Murcia town, face charges for violation of Republic Act 9147, or the Wildlife Resources Conservation and Protection Act of 2001. Investigators believed the wild animals recovered from the suspects were collected from Mount Kanlaon Natural Park. The surviving animals were released back to an undisclosed protected area in the province on Saturday. (With a report from PNA/PN) Among the wildlife recovered were Philippine orange tarantula, Orphnaecus sp., assorted centipedes and millipedes, juvenile Philippine sailfin lizards, Negros forest dragon (gecko), Bornean anglehead lizards, and north Philippine temple pit vipers. BACOLOD City – Charges are being readied against three residents of Negros Occidental who yielded over 300 wild animals during an entrapment operation in Barangay Alijis here. Over the weekend, the three were released from detention after the 12-hour reglementary period lapsed. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA Gocotano said the suspects agreed to pay P150,000 for all the animals – supposedly the asking price of the dealer for all the wildlife.
“It was meant as a joke however I lacked thorough consideration for the feelings of all the other participants. “That being said I deleted the jokes within minutes and I immediately apologised to all inside the group.” Toure said he wanted to “take full responsibility” for his mistake. “We gather for a good cause and this deviates the focus of the game which is to bring everyone together to help children around the world,” he wrote. “It’s sad to see an inappropriate joke I made attract the attention which should be fully devoted to the beauty of the charity game. “Regardless of the circumstances, I want to take full responsibility. I am a grown man who should not be engaged in such jokes. “I am very sorry for my mistake and wish everyone all the best with Soccer Aid on Sunday in raising awareness and funds for important causes.” Toure sparked a string of complaints from his appalled team-mates, who included several female players as well as celebrities. They called on Soccer Aid and ITV bosses to axe Toure from the game, held annually in support of children’s charity Unicef. Toure, who has three children with wife Gina, deleted the messages and issued an apology but got the boot from Sunday’s game. An insider said: “Everyone at Soccer Aid was disgusted by Yaya’s messages. “There is a WhatsApp group for his team, the World XI, and everyone had been chatting in it. “Without being prompted, Yaya posted a video of a naked woman in a bath. Yaya Toure has apologised for an “inappropriate joke” after offering to hire sex workers for his Soccer Aid team. Married dad Toure, 37, boasted in a WhatsApp group chat that he could bring 19 girls to the side’s five-star hotel in Cheshire, and also posted a pornographic video showing a naked woman in a bath. He was axed from this weekend’s event, and tweeted an apology. “I would like to apologise to everyone involved in Soccer Aid for an inappropriate joke I deeply regret,” he wrote. read also:Yaya Toure axed after offering to hire sex workers for teammates “She was acting in a lewd manner and it was highly inappropriate. “He went on to say he could get 19 women like the one in the video to come to the hotel to the pleasure of those playing the match. “It was absolutely disgraceful and caused a huge amount of distress to some of the people who received the messages. “Soccer Aid is a charity game and is raising money for children. “So to have one of the players, especially one who is supposed to be a professional, making such lewd and gross suggestions is despicable.” Midfielder Yaya, who left Manchester City in 2018, sent the X-rated messages on Thursday night. The WhatsApp group was made up of his team-mates from his World XI side – including ex-Man United star Patrice Evra and female players Julie Fleeting, Lianne Sanderson and Chelcee Grimes. Players and coaches from their England XI opponents were also in the group. A string of complaints were then made to Soccer Aid and ITV, which is broadcasting the match live. The insider added: “The messages turned the stomachs of the women, along with the men. “The atmosphere among both teams had been so good and spirits were high. These messages have really soured the mood. “Julie, Lianne and Chelcee made their feelings clear about how wrong they thought his messages were. They called for Toure to be taken off the team.” After bosses at Unicef and ITV were notified of the content, Yaya was told to delete them. He was then forced to apologise to everyone who received the messages and was warned his place in the squad was in jeopardy. However, feelings were running high during breakfast at the hotel this morning, with many feeling he should get the boot. A source explained: “Within a few minutes his messages had been deleted and Yaya got a mouthful from the bosses. “He repeatedly apologised to them and also said he was sincerely sorry for what he had posted to those in the group. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Adorable Model For Simba In The Lion King Remake8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouTop 10 Female Stars Everyone Had A Crush On In The 90s8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesThis Muslim Woman Belongs To World’s 10 Strongest Women10 Disney Characters Who Would Make Great Role ModelsWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?8 Addictive And Fun Coffee FactsIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World? Loading…
Joe Schmidt’s side are training at Carton House this afternoon as preparations get underway for the visit of the All Blacks this weekend.Competition is expected to be high for places in the team, with eight players making their international debuts in the win over Canada on Saturday.