Tweet LocalNews Police confirms robbery at Whitchurch IGA Supermarket in Portsmouth by: – November 21, 2011 39 Views no discussions Share Share Share Sharing is caring! Police Public Relations Officer, Sergeant Kenth Matthew.Two masked men armed with what appeared to be pistols robbed H.H.V Whitchurch in Portsmouth last Thursday, making good their escape with an undetermined sum of money.Police Public Relations Officer Sergeant Kenth said “at about 8:45 on November 17th at the Portsmouth department of Whitchurch IGA when two masked men entered the building and robbed the attendant of an undetermined sum of money. The men appeared to have had pistols with them and they made good their escape without any interception. We do not know if the pistols were authentic,” he reported. He said police however got some leads on the pistols and their investigations will continue.A series of robberies have hit the island in recent times. Just last month, the McMillan Gas Station, Josephine Gabriel and Company Ltd and J E Nassief were robbed in a similar fashion.Dominica Vibes News
MANLY — A woman from rural Manly has been charged with 17 counts of animal neglect after over 150 animals were seized from an alleged puppy mill back in November.The charges were filed on Friday in Worth County District Court against 66-year-old Barbara Kavars. Officials seized 154 dogs and four cats from the property. In several visits to the property, a Worth County sheriff’s deputy says he saw kennels covered with feces and mud and visibly skinny dogs with no water and little food.Court records describe overcrowded and filthy conditions at the rural Manly property. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals cared for the animals and called the operation a “puppy mill.”Kavars in January wanted nine dogs and four cats to be returned to her, but Worth County Magistrate Douglas Krull ruled against Kavars, saying the dogs and cats were among those neglected and that they qualified as threatened animals.Animal neglect is a simple misdemeanor, with each charge punishable by up to 30 days in jail and up to a $625 fine.
Shanghai’s new coach Wu Jingui said earlier this month that the 33-year-old was overweight and would not play again until he shaped up, only to bring him on as a substitute for the derby at Shanghai SIPG days later.Tevez duly scored his third Chinese Super League (CSL) goal this season, but SIPG went on to hammer struggling Shenhua 6-1.He was back on the bench in the next game but on Saturday was not included at all in the 3-1 home win over Guangzhou R&F.That sparked fresh conjecture about Tevez’s future in China, where he has failed to settle off the pitch and missed half the games injured.Shanghai Shenhua spokesman Ma Yue on Monday hit out at media reports suggesting Tevez and Wu — who replaced Gus Poyet when the Uruguayan quit two weeks ago — had fallen out and said communication between the pair was “very smooth”.Tevez “should have already realised, clearly, that he can’t be sure to be included in the starting line-up based on his fame only,” Ma wrote on Weibo, China’s equivalent of Twitter.Ma said the player had brought his own private fitness coach from Argentina to help him get fit and was doing additional training sessions every day.“All of the above is not to make excuses for Tevez, but I just want to say that he hasn’t given up like certain foreign media have said,” wrote Ma.Tevez, who made his name at Boca Juniors in Argentina before moves to Corinthians, West Ham, Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus, has struggled to settle in throughout his career.The CSL season ends in November and Tevez has hinted that he would like to return to Argentina and Boca.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Carlos Tevez, among the highest earners in football, has endured a miserable nine months in China and did not feature again at the weekend © AFP/File / Chandan KHANNASHANGHAI, China, Sep 25 – Handsomely paid Carlos Tevez cannot expect to play every game for the Shanghai Shenhua side just because of his famous name, the Chinese team warned on Monday, the latest twist in his turbulent spell with the club.The Argentine, among the highest earners in football on a reported $850,000 a week, has endured a miserable nine months in China and did not feature again at the weekend.
A leading Donegal businessman has encouraged all business owners to pass on the new lower rate of VAT to their customers.Letterkenny coffee shop owner and estate agent Brendan McGlynn was one of the first businesses to make customers aware of the drop in VAT from 13.5% to 9%.Brendan welcomed the move by putting up signs in his shops telling people of the new prices. “We have introduced a number of deals in our two coffee shops to give people as much value for money in the current climate.“We are more than happy to pass on the VAT reduction to our customers.“Hopefully other businesses in Letterkenny and Donegal who do the same will feel the benefit,” he said.The new VAT rate part of the Jobs Initiative and the Government hopes it will help to stimulate the struggling sectors. The reduction will stay in place until December 2013, when it will be reviewed.Minister for Tourism Leo Varadkar has warned businesses they must pass on the savings to customers.Minister Varadkar said the VAT reduction was ‘hard fought for’, and a failure to implement it will make it difficult for similar supports to be given by Government.OBLIGATIONHe said the VAT cuts are a legal obligation, even if price cuts are not. However, the minister said he expects business to respond positively. The new rate applies to restaurants and catering services, hotel and holiday accommodation, entertainment venues, as well as hairdressing and printed publications, including newspapers and magazines.The Irish Hotels Federation has called on all members to pass on the reduction.The Restaurants Association of Ireland said it has instructed its members to reduce prices accordingly.Bord Failte’s Paul McLoone said he hopes businesses in Donegal and the North West in general will also pass on the reductions to their customers. EndsLEADING BUSINESSMAN IS HOPEFUL OF VAT PASS-ON IN DONEGAL was last modified: July 2nd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Brendan McGlynnletterkennyQuiet MOment