Arsenal eyeing up move for German goalkeeper Markus Schubert to replace the retiring Petr Cech Phil HaighTuesday 21 May 2019 10:55 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Markus Schubert has been linked with a switch to Arsenal (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal are in the hunt for a new back-up goalkeeper and have identified German stopper Markus Schubert as a possibly replacement for the retiring Petr Cech.37-year-old Cech is calling time on his career after the Europa League final against Chelsea next week, leaving Gunners boss Unai Emery needing a new alternative to Bernd Leno in goal.According to Bild, Schubert could be that man, with the 20-year-old available on a free transfer as his contract at Dynamo Dresden comes to an end this summer.The Germany under-21 international made 31 appearances for Dresden in the 2. Bundesliga this season, but informed the club in April that he intends to leave when his contract expires in June.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTHaving become the youngest goalkeeper in the club’s history when he made his debut as a 17-year-old in 2015, Dynamo Dresden sporting director Ralf Minge is disappointed to see the keeper leave.‘Unfortunately, we have not been able to persuade this talented goalkeeper and his advisers over the past 12 months with our arguments to extend the expiring contract,’ said Minge.‘It feels like a defeat when you train as a club player for almost ten years and then lose him at the very beginning of his professional career.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CitySchubert, who is reported at standing 6ft 1in, has appeared for Germany at all youth levels from under-17 upwards, but has not won a full international cap yet.Bild also report that another Arsenal keeper, Dejan Iliev, is set to leave as well, so Schubert could be targeted along with another stopper to fill both voids at the Emirates.The keeper has remained coy on his future, simply replying with ‘no comment’ when asked about his next move.MORE: Matthijs de Ligt hints he would favour Barcelona move ahead of Manchester UnitedMORE: Juventus contact Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri over replacing Max Allegri as manager Comment Advertisement Advertisement
“I have therefore informed the Ministry of Trade and Industry that I am resigning from the board,” said Ørting, who is currently chair of the advisory board of the World Economic Forum’s Centre for Cybersecurity.Ørting’s appointment was one of four Danish FSA board hires announced last week, which filled a number of vacancies.Following the appointment, citing unnamed sources Danish financial news service FinansWatch reported that during the time between 2015 and 2018 when Ørting was employed as head of security at Barclays, he had been a key figure in a hunt for a whistleblower.Looking for IPE’s latest magazine? Read the digital edition here. One of the Danish FSA’s four new board members appointed last Wednesday, Troels Ørting Jørgensen, has already quit following news reports about his role in a whistleblower scandal at UK bank Barclays, according to a statement from the authority (Finanstilsynet).The FSA announced today: “Troels Ørting has notified the Ministry of Business Affairs that he is resigning from the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority’s board.”In the statement, Ørting (also spelled as Oerting) is quoted as saying: “I have taken note of the latest mention in the press.“Although there is no substance for the criticism that is being raised, I have come to the conclusion that this should not stand in the way of the important work of the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority in the coming years,” he said.
Mannequins wearing protective masks stand in a shop display window in Rome, Italy on March 6. REUTERS/ REMO CASILLI Italy is currently reporting more deathsper day from the virus than any other country in the world and the governmentthis week ordered the closure of schools, universities, cinemas and theatersaround the country to try to stem the infections. ROME – The death toll from an outbreakof the coronavirus disease 2019 in Italy has risen by 49 to 197, the CivilProtection Agency said on Friday, the largest daily increase in fatalitiessince the contagion was uncovered two weeks ago. The cumulative number of cases in thecountry, which has been the hardest hit in Europe by the epidemic, totaled4,636 compared with 3,858 on Thursday. The Vatican, an independent state thatsits in the heart of Rome, registered its first case on Friday.(Reuters)
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has left fans feeling “disturbed” after he locked lips with his wife Antonela Roccuzzo for a music video. The 32-year-old and his partner showed their passion for one another in Puerto Rican musician Residente’s video showing 113 kisses from around the world during the coronavirus crisis. Messi’s Argentinian compatriot Paulo Dybala – fresh from recovering Covid-19 after testing positive four times – also enjoyed a steamy snog with his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini. And Hollywood actor Ben Affleck was another high-profile celebrity to feature as he and his new 007 girlfriend Ana de Armas went public with their love for each other. But it was Messi’s affection for his wife that left fans shocked, with supporters of the six-time Ballon d’Or winner not used to the Blaugrana ace showing his affection. As Messi and Roccuzzo share a kiss during the song titled ‘Antes Que El Mundo Se Acabe’ – which in English translates as ‘Before the World Ends’ – the lyrics go: “I know the future is uncertain but even if they close borders they can’t close the sea. We’ll soon get out.”Advertisement Loading… read also:‘Ronaldo was the best’ – Carlos, dismisses Messi, CR7 comparison Fans immediately took to social to comment on their uneasiness, as one said: “I feel like throwing up after that Messi kiss video.” Another commented: “Who filmed this Mateo or Thiago. I’m sick it’s like watching my own parents kiss I’m so disturbed Messi wtf.” Another simply stated: “Can you stop posting that Messi kiss video please.” Other celebrities featured in Residente’s video include Ricky Martin smooching his husband Jwan Yosef and rapper Bad Bunny and girlfriend Gabriela Berlingeri. Residente, real name Rene Perez Joglar, was a founding member of Puerto Rican rap fusion band Calle 13 before initiating a solo career in 2015. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentHere Are The 10 Most Famous Female Racers Of All TimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooDid You Notice How Natural Simba’s Movements Looked In The Movie?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Mind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeTop 10 Most Iconic Characters On TV11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopGeeky And Hilarious Shower Curtains For Adults10 Celebrity Dads Who Have A Bad Relationship With Their Kids