Hundreds of young scouts form across Donegal will take part in Camp Carnival in Co Tyrone later this summer.Camp Carnival is Scouting Ireland’s forthcoming Scout Camp which will be held on the Baroncourt Estate on the outskirts of Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone. The camp will the home for almost 2000 young people (from 6yrs to 26yrs) and adult volunteers from Friday 1st June until Monday 4th June.The official launch of the camp took place yesterday at Baroncourt estate.Camp Chief, Joe Boland, a scout leader from Lifford, said that the young people are going to in for a terrific weekend as his team of volunteers having been working hard to ensure the programme for the Camp will full of adventure and fun.Joe has enlisted the expertise of the emergency services along with other agencies to assist in providing an action packed and fun filled programme of activities that are tailor made to ensure the young people leave with not only memories but will have acquired a number of scouting and outdoor skills. HUNDREDS OF DONEGAL SCOUTS TO ATTEND CAMP CARNIVAL THIS SUMMER was last modified: February 12th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CAMP CARNIVALSCOUT LEADER JOE BOLAND
Unai Emery has Arsenal “going the right way”, says Ray Parlour, but will need “maybe three transfer windows” in which to get the players he wants.The Spaniard was given no recruitment warchest when inheriting the reins from Arsene Wenger over the summer.As a result, he had to make only minor tweaks to the ranks at Emirates Stadium, with experience added across the backline and exciting potential drafted into midfield. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! He has been able to deliver impressive results with those at this disposal, with the Gunners currently on a 16-game unbeaten run.Growing confidence at Emirates Stadium is built on a belief that there is even more to come, with Emery offering cause for optimism as he prepares to further bolster his ranks with more players that fit his system.Former Arsenal star Parlour told the Daily Star on the present and future in north London: “I think the club is all going the right way now. “Everybody’s sticking together, fans are behind the team, which is very important. “Last year we saw fans weren’t turning up and suddenly everyone wants to go to the games. “So you’ve got to give the manager two, maybe three transfer windows because they’ll be certain players he might be looking at now to try and bring in. “He’s got the system he wants to try and play.”Emery is still looking for Arsenal to dominate games, as Wenger did before him.He has, however, tried to make the Gunners harder to beat, with the club often accused of having a soft centre when the going got tough under their former boss.A change in approach has delivered rich rewards so far, with an ongoing push for a top-four finish in the Premier League complementing productive runs through Carabao Cup and Europa League competition. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Olympiakos striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, who is emerging as Greece’s best player and hope the team will do well in the 2014 World Cup of soccer in Brazil – where it is a 200-1 shot, is also subject to a bidding war by two of the English Premier League’s top teams, Arsenal and Liverpool, who want his fire power and scoring ability.Mitroglou, 25, has shown himself to be a clutch player and a crowd favorite with his exuberant style. Arsenal coach Arsene Wegner is said to be especially eying the Greek star to back up Olivier Giroud, while Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for another striker to support Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge after being left disappointed with the form of summer signing Iago Aspas, The Daily Star reported.Mitroglou has struck for 22 goals for both club and country this season, and may be available in January for £7.5million, about $12.26 million, the report said.“If he keeps on doing well, it will be hard to keep him,” Olympiaios coach Jose Miguel Michel said. “We’ve known for some time that there has been interest from many clubs, but that’s only logical considering how well he has been doing lately.”Mitroglou is currently playing alongside Arsenal loanee Joel Campbell at the Greek champions, which Wenger may look to use to his advantage when it comes to tempting the forward to north London.Premier League high flyers Newcastle United are also looking at Mitroglou but would have a hard time convincing him not to sign with one of the more celebrated teams.TweetPinShare0 Shares
Italian Moto2 rider Romano Fenati was banned for two races after leaning over on the straight and grabbing the brake lever on rival Stefano Manzi’s bike following an earlier clash in the San Marino Grand Prix on Sunday.He was dumped by his Moto2 team on Monday, and was also set to lose a 2019 MV Agusta deal.The Marinelli Snipers team announced they had terminated the 22-year-old’s contract on account of “his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all.””With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can’t be apologised for in any way,” the team added.The boss of Italian bike maker MV Agusta also vowed to scrap a contract for 2019.FIM MotoGP Stewards ??Black flag Romano Fenati for irresponsible riding ??#Moto2 #SanMarinoGP pic.twitter.com/sTqv6nhZerMotoGP?????? (@MotoGP) September 9, 2018Stewards ruled he had “deliberately attempted to cause danger to another rider by interfering with his machine whilst on track”.Fenati was immediately shown the black flag, disqualifying him from the race, but Crutchlow felt the rider had got off lightly.”I think he should never race a motorcycle again,” Crutchlow told reporters. “He should have walked back to the garage and his team should have just kicked him straight out the back.””This has been the worse and saddest thing I ever seen in a bike race. True sportsmen would never act this way,” MV Agusta president Giovanni Castiglioni told his 565,000 followers on Instagram.advertisement”If I would be (MotoGP promoters) Dorna I would ban him from world racing.”Regarding his contract for a future position as rider of MV Agusta Moto2, I will oppose myself in every way to stop it. It won’t happen, he doesn’t represent our company true values,” added Castiglioni.Fenati, who also caused headlines in 2015 when he was penalised for kicking out at Finnish rider Niklas Ajo in a Moto3 warm-up in Argentina, had been due to join MV Agusta’s new Moto2 project next season.Moto2, previously the 250cc category, is a feeder series one rung below the main MotoGP class.The MV Agusta project is in partnership with Forward Racing, whose rider Stefano Manzi was on the receiving end of Fenati’s actions.It was Italian Andrea Dovizioso who won the San Marino Grand Prix for Ducatiwhile reigning world champion Marc Marquez finished second to increase his MotoGP championship lead to 67 points.Local favourite Valentino Rossi managed only a distant seventh for Yamaha and lost second place overall to Dovizioso who now has 154 points to Spaniard Marquez’s 221 with six races remaining. Rossi has 151.Ducati’s Jorge Lorenzo, who had started on pole position at the Marco Simoncelli circuit on Italy’s Adriatic coast, crashed out on the penultimate lap while heading for a Ducati one-two finish.That lifted Britain’s Cal Crutchlow, whose home race at Silverstone last month was cancelled due to heavy rain and drainage problems, to third as the leading non-factory finisher on an LCR-Honda.”We did everything perfectly,” said Dovizioso, who had started in fourth place and was leading after six laps. His winning margin was 2.822 seconds.”That was the only way to win today because Jorge was very strong and beating Marc was very difficult,” added the Italian.The win was Dovizioso’s first at Misano and third of the season as well as his team’s third in a row. Lorenzo had won in Austria while his team mate triumphed in the Czech Republic before that.Lorenzo and Marquez had a lively battle for second place while closing in on Dovizioso but that ended when the polesitter slid out at turn eight.”It was so difficult,” said Marquez, who made the point that Ducati had tested at Misano while Honda had not. “When I saw that Dovi was so strong today my target was to finish second and to lose only five points.”I’m disappointed that Jorge crashed but we were both pushing a lot because Dovi was there in front.”Australian Jack Miller, who had lined up in second place at the start on a non-factory Pramac Ducati, also crashed out early on while fourth.(With inputs from Reuters)